"If anyone does not, according to the Holy Fathers, confess truly and properly that holy Mary, ever virgin and immaculate, is Mother of God, since in this latter age she conceived in true reality without human seed from the Holy Spirit, God the Word Himself, who before the ages was born of God the Father, and gave birth to Him without corruption, her virginity remaining equally inviolate after the birth, let him be condemned. [Pope Martin I, Ecumenical Council, the Lateran Council of 649]
- When was the Perpetual Virginity of the Virgin Mary proclaimed?
- Do you understand Perpetual Virginity to mean "virgin before, virgin then, virgin ever-after?"
- Protestants claim that Mary had brothers and sisters. Where do they obtain this belief from?
- When Jesus was dying on the cross, He entrusted Mary to John. [Jn. 19:26] If He had brothers and sisters, why did He not entrust Mary to a sibling?
- What do you think of this Bible passage: "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." [Isaiah 7:14]
- Are you aware that in the Old Testament, it was prophesied that Jesus would be born of a virgin?
"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us." [Matthew 1:23]
- Why does the Bible always refer to Mary as the mother of Jesus, but never the mother of anyone else?