"... in the first instance of her conception, by a singular privilege and grace granted by God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin, is a doctrine revealed by God and therefore to be believed firmly and constantly by all the faithful."
[Defining The Dogma Of The Immaculate Conception, December 8, 1854]
- What is the Dogma of the Immaculate Conception?
- Do I understand it?
- Does the Dogma of the Immaculate Conception proclaim that Mary was conceived without any stain of origin sin?
- Or was the stain of origin sin removed from Mary after her conception?
- Does the Dogma of the Immaculate Conception make reference to the virginal conception of her Son Jesus?
- If Mary was conceived without any stain of sin, would this not make her the second Eve?
- Could Jesus have been born of Mary if she was not totally free of sin? Why?
- On what date was the Dogma of the Immaculate Conception proclaimed?
- What Pope proclaimed this Dogma?
- Is the Dogma of the Immaculate Conception well accepted in the world?
- Prior to the proclamation of the Immaculate Conception, was this belief held throughout the world?
- Do I accept the Dogma of the Immaculate Conception?