"... we pronounce, declare, and define it to be a divinely revealed dogma: that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory.
[The "Dogma of the Assumption," defined on November 1, 1950, # 44]
- What is the Dogma of the Assumption?
- Do I understand it?
- Is it related to the glorious Resurrection of Jesus to Heaven?
- Or is it related to Mary being taken to Heaven?
- Does it teach that the blessed Virgin Mary was taken to heaven while she was still living?
- Does it teach that the blessed Virgin Mary physically died and her body was raised to Heaven?
- Does it teach that the blessed Virgin Mary resurrected from the dead?
- Are there any records to support the last three questions above?
- On what date was the Dogma of the Assumption proclaimed?
- What Pope proclaimed this Dogma?
- Is the Dogma of the Assumption well accepted in the world?
- Prior to the proclamation of the Assumption, was this belief held in the world?
- Do I accept the Dogma of the Assumtpion?