"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." [Matthew 4:4]
- Do I understand this Bible passage?
- Do I correctly associate it with I mourning because of my sins? (Mourning means to feel or express sorrow, to lament.)
- Have I repented of all my sins?
- Is there salvation without repentance?
- Do I acknowledge that I am a sinner before God?
- Do I realize that my sins greatly hurt the Heavenly Father?
- Do I realize that I do not deserve salvation and its benefits, the joys of Heaven, the eternal presence of God, the brotherhood of the Saints, the presence of the angels?
- Do I realize that forgiveness and salvation is through the grace of God?
- Will I see God and dwell with Him forever?
- Do I realize that if I mourn for my sins, it is because the Holy Spirit has convicted me of my sins?
- Do I realize that without Jesus, I am completely lost as an island standing alone on the ocean?
- Do I realize that through my sins, I have dishonoured the Holy Name of God. How can I call myself a Christian (follower of Christ) and yet sin?
- Or am I among the arrogant who are full of pride, they who have no time for God in their thoughts? [Psalm 10:4]
Indeed "What a wretched man I am!
Who will rescue me from this body of death?" [Rom. 7:24]