The belief that Sola Scriptura, "the Bible alone" is all that one needs to be saved opposes reason. If a person only needs the Holy Bible, then he does not need anyone else. He does not need the Church, nor the members of the Church. All he has to do is read the Bible and draw his own conclusions as to the meaning of the verses. That is exactly what other religions are all about.
How can the following religions claim to be the true Church, or even the Body of Christ, when it is well documented that they were started by human beings?
The Anglican faith was started by King Henry VIII who wanted a divorce.
The Assembly of God embraces the beliefs of the revival movement of 1914.
Baptists embrace the beliefs of John Smyth.
Buddhists embrace the beliefs of Budda, Prince Siddhartha Guatama.
Calvanists embrace the beliefs of John Calvin.
The Christian Reformed Church is a breakaway of the Dutch Reformed Church.
Christian Science embraces the beliefs of Mary Baker Eddy.
The Church of Nazarene embraces the beliefs of the Union of General Assembly.
Congregationalists embrace the beliefs of Robert Brown.
The Dutch Reformed Church embraces the beliefs of Michelis Jones.
The Eastern Orthodox Church embraces the beliefs of the Patriarchs of Constantinople.
Episcopalians embrace the beliefs of Samuel Seabury.
Evangelical embrace the beliefs of Jacob Albright.
The Evangelical Reformed embrace the beliefs of the Union of General Assembly.
Free Methodists is a breakaway from the Methodist Church.
Moslems (Islam) embraces the beliefs of Mohammed.
Jehovah's Witnesses embrace the beliefs of Charles Taze.
Lutherans embrace the beliefs of Martin Luther.
Mennonites embrace the beliefs of Grebel, Mantz and Blaurock.
Methodists embrace the beliefs of John & Charles Wesley.
Mormons embrace the beliefs of Joseph Smith.
Presbyterians embrace the beliefs of John Knox.
Quakers embrace the beliefs of George Fox.
The Salvation Army embraces the beliefs of William Booth.
Seventh Day Adventists embrace the beliefs of Ellen White.
Unitarians embrace the beliefs of John Biddle.
The United Church of Christ embraces the beliefs of 3 other religions.
Universalists embrace the beliefs of John Murray.
And the list goes on. That is the reason why there are over 30,000 religions in the world today. Anywhere at anytime, anyone can start their own religion based on their own personal interpretation of the Holy Bible.
None of these religions were established by Jesus Christ to teach in His Name. None of these religions have received the authority from God to correct those who are in error.
The "Bible Alone" belief and practice is contrary to reason because it ends up with thousands of conflicting interpretations of the Holy Bible, these resulting in endless division.
When Jesus established His Church, through the Advocate, the guidance of the Holy Spirit, He provided us with a number of qualities so we would recognize His Church. Some of them are as follows:
1) The Church that Jesus Christ established on earth, it has one Body. It does not have 2, 3 or 30,000 different (bodies) religions. There is one Body... [Ephesian 4:4]
2) Knowing that only one Church is the true Church, it has to be the one that was established by Jesus Christ Himself. The Head of the Church is Divine, not human. The Church that was founded by Jesus Christ is apart from those that were founded by men. He is the head of the body, the Church... [Col. 1:18]
3) The Church of Jesus Christ is a united Body within one fold. No matter where you go around the world, when you enter a local Catholic Church, although the language may be different, the liturgy remains the same. I have other sheep that do not belong to this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. [John 10:16]
The Spirit of Jesus seeks to bring home (to the Catholic Church) all the sheep from the other 29,999 religions. But the flesh is weak, it resists the inner voice of the Holy Spirit. How much easier it is to listen to the voice of Satan and to turn away from reason.
4) Jesus prayed to the Heavenly Father for each and everyone of those who do not belong to the true Body of Christ, that they may be united as one as Jesus and the Father are One. The glory that you have given Me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one. [John 17:22]
To the non-Catholics, I say, Not only did Jesus die for your salvation, He also prayed specifically for you that you may allow the Holy Spirit to show you the way home.
5) The Church of Jesus Christ has one body, one spirit, one hope, one Lord, one faith, one Baptism. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to the one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in all. [Ephesian 4:4-5]
The true Church of Christ consists of one membership, one belief, one liturgy, one government. It does not have one Church that condemns divorce while another associated Church approves of it. It does not have one Church condemning gay marriages while another associated Church approves of it. It does not have one Church condemning abortion while another associated Church approves of it. The true Church has one faith that is guided by one Spirit, the Spirit of God.
6) The true Church is a teaching Church that possesses the power of infallibility. And Jesus came and said to them, All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age. [Mt. 28:18-20]
None of the Protestant Churches are teaching Churches that possess the power of infallibility. Protestant Churches profess that Jesus is the Lord and Savior. They seek to make Him known. They promote their interpretation/revised Bible. And they provide a place where its members can fellowship in prayer.
7) The Holy Bible condemns those who apply Sola Scriptura, the private interpretation of the Scriptures. There are some things in them (the Books of the Bible) hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other scriptures. [II Peter 3:16]
The Holy Bible clearly states that it will lead to their destruction, meaning their eternal destruction.
In conclusion, the only Church that fits the description found in the Holy Bible is the Roman Catholic Church. Remember, it was through the Catholic Church that Jesus gave the Holy Bible to the world. And it is only through the authority of the Catholic Church that we are certain that the Bible is truly the Word of God.
Why then do so many refuse to come home? Is it because of pride? Is it because of the fear of what their family members and friends will say? When they stand before God on Judgment Day, they will be reminded that the Spirit of God led them to this website in order to open their eyes to the truth. What will they say? Thank you Jesus, I came home or My family and friends would have disowned me. I valued them more than I valued you Jesus.