Q. 1. Is it true that there are 5 reasons as to why God allows temptations?
A. 1. According to Saint Thomas Aquinas, God allows us to be tempted. And St. Thomas provides five reasons for this. They are:
• to test the virtue of individuals and teach us something about ourselves.
• to remind us of our weakness.
• to show demons their powerlessness against God’s mercy.
• to harden and strengthen us.
• to show the greatness of God’s grace.
In summary, the mere fact that we are tempted is a sign of our worth. Satan would not bother with us if we were not valuable in the eyes of God.