Q. 1. What can you tell me about Mary Magdelene. Are all the Bible references to Mary Magdelene related to one person?
A. 1. No, not all the Bible references to Mary Magdelene are related to the same person.
Mary Magdelene is well known for:
• Having financed Jesus and His disciples,
• She had seven demons casted out of her, [Luke 8:2]
• She saw the empty tomb where Jesus has been buried, [John 20:14-18]
• Jesus appeared to her after His resurrection, [Mark 16:9] and
• She was present at the foot of the Cross when Jesus died. [Mark 15:40, Luke 23:49, etc...]
The above Mary Magdelene is not:
• the sinful woman mentioned in [Luke 7:36-50], or
• the woman who anointed Jesus a few days before his crucifixion [Matthew 26:6-13 and Mark 14:3-9].