Visit the new online stores
that offer a very large assortment of religious goods!
Order a copy
of the website!
Back To Home

Back to Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. 1. My daughter announced this week that she plans on marrying her long-term girlfriend. She asked my husband and I to attend her marriage before a JP. We do not approve of her action. What should we do?

A. 1. This is a good question and difficult time for you and your husband.

First of all, you should be advised that if you attend a non Sacramental Marriage, you are participating in a sacrilege. Through this action, you will be committing a mortal sin. Being in a state of mortal sin, you will no longer be permitted to receive Holy Communion until such time as you receive the Sacrament of Confession.

Secondly, if you attend the same sex marriage ceremony, you and your husband will be giving your daughter a mix message. While you both state that you disagree with her action, by attending the mix marriage, you will be giving your seal of approval. As Catholics, you are both obliged to practice what you preach. You both have an obligation to refrain from attending any scandalous ceremonies that will endanger your souls.

As parents, you are obligated to love and support your child, providing her actions does not oppose the teachings of the Catholic Church. A homosexual marriage opposes the teachings of the Catholic Church. Such is to be condemned in words and actions!

To submit your question, please send it to our:

(On the subject line: Indicate "FAQ" for "Frequently Asked Questions.")

Main Index

Copyright © Catholic Doors Ministry