CATHOLIC DOORS MINISTRY present the Exam for the Bible Course,
"THE HOLY SPIRIT AND THE SACRAMENTS"
Name _________________________________________ Exam Marks (______%)
City/Town ____________________________ State/Province ________________
Zip/Postal Code __________________ Country ___________________________
Office Use Only: _____________________________________________________
Enter your choice of answer on the line _____, either a, b or c.
1. What is the final goal of the Church. _____
a. To make men share in the communion between the
Father and the Son in their Spirit of love.
b. To present itself to the Heavenly Father.
c. To spread worldwide.
2. Who is the primary representative of God to fulfill
the mission of the Church today? _____
b. The Holy Spirit.
c. The pope.
3. What does the Spirit of truth teach the Christian? _____
a. Any knowledge he wants to have.
b. What rules of man that should be followed.
c. He reminds him of the teachings of Christ.
4. Who gives life to the Church so the Holy Spirit can be
the Temple of the Church? _____
a. The Heavenly Father.
b. Jesus Christ.
c. The Holy Spirit.
5. What happens in the Church without direct involvement
of the Holy Spirit? _____
c. Its physical growth.
6. Who does the Church discriminate against? _____
a. The cultures that worship idols.
b. Those who are too young to participate in fellowship.
c. No one.
7. What does it mean that the Church is 'apostolic'? _____
a. It descends from Peter to whom Jesus gave the keys
of the Church.
b. All its leaders are apostles.
c. It was founded by the apostles.
8. For Who's glory does the Holy Spirit sanctify the
a. The Heavenly Father.
b. Jesus Christ.
c. The individual so he can be sanctified.
9. Why does the Holy Spirit bless the Christians with
faith in Christ? _____
a. So every Christian will have it.
b. In the hope that the Christians will be saved.
c. So Jesus is alive in the life of the Christians,
here and now.
10. Why does the priest petition the Heavenly Father
during the celebration of the Most Holy Eucharist? _____
a. To send the Sanctifier.
b. For the Second Coming of Jesus.
c. For the Church to become united.
11. When does the Holy Spirit reveal the spiritual
meaning of the Word of God to the Christian so it is
known and understood according to the truth? _____
a. Each time he reads the Bible.
b. When the Christian is properly disposed.
c. During the sermons.
12. Why does the Holy Spirit bless the Pastors with
different gifts? _____
a. Because every Pastor has gifts.
b. For the sanctification of the Pastor.
c. To assist them in their spiritual work.
13. The fruit of the Holy Spirit leads to what? _____
a. The perfection of the souls.
b. A better knowledge of God.
c. Knowing God's commandments.
14. How many gifts of the Holy Spirit make the Christian
receptive to obeying Divine inspirations? _____
15. What does the Christian find in Baptism? _____
a. The same as in Confirmation.
b. What he lacks in his spiritual life.
c. The root of his entire spiritual life.
16. What happens during the anointing of the sick? _____
a. The sins are forgiven.
b. The sick Christian is instantly healed.
c. The same as in Confession.
17. What does the bishop receive through the Holy Spirit? _____
a. The gifts he received as a priest are renewed.
b. The necessary grace to guide and defend the Church,
obtaining the strength and prudence of a father
c. The power to manage the Church.
18. Who was given the Divine power and authority of Jesus
to forgive or retain sins? _____
a. The Holy Spirit.
b. All those who have a sincere faith in Christ.
c. The Apostles.
19. How many sacraments does the Catholic Church have? _____
20. What happens to the Christian when he receives the
sacrament of Confirmation? _____
a. He is clothed with Divine power so he may shine
as Jesus' witness in the lives of those he touches.
b. He is baptized again.
c. He is reminded of his sacrament of Baptism.
21. The Catholic Church has how many sacraments of
Christian initiation? _____
22. Why should the newly confirmed Christian become more
aware of the actions, gifts and calls of the Holy
a. To answer Jesus' command to do it.
b. It is a necessity if one wants to belong to the
c. So he can accept his calling to the christian life.
23. What does the Bishop invoke during the sacrament of
a. The forgiveness of sins.
b. The outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
c. The salvation of the Christian being confirmed.
24. What is the purpose of charisms? _____
a. The sanctification of the entire Body of Christ.
b. A reflection of the love of the Holy Spirit.
c. To show the generosity of the Heavenly Father.
25. What kind of healings can take place through the
charism of healing by the power of the Holy Spirit? _____
a. Physical healings.
b. Only physical and spiritual healings.
c. Physical, psychological or spiritual healings.
Tell us! (Optional)
What did you like about this course?
Have you learned something you did not know before?
How did you learn about Catholic Doors Ministry?
To submit your question, please send it to our: EMAIL ADDRESS (On the subject line: Indicate "FAQ" for "Frequently Asked Questions.")