CATHOLIC DOORS MINISTRY present the Exam for the Bible Course,
"THE SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM"
Name _________________________________________ Exam Marks (______%)
City/Town ____________________________ State/Province ________________
Zip/Postal Code __________________ Country ___________________________
Office Use Only: _____________________________________________________
Enter your choice of answer on the line _____, either a, b or c.
1. Is baptism necessary to enter the Kingdom of Heaven? _____
a. Jesus taught this truth in John 3:5.
b. There is no reference to this matter in the Bible.
c. Baptism can help some people in their salvation.
2. Because of the original sin of Adam, what kind of
death do people experience? _____
a. A physical death only.
b. A spiritual death only.
c. Both, physical and spiritual deaths.
3. What 3 promises did God make thousands of years ago
as part of His New Covenant? _____
a. He would give a new body, soul and spirit.
b. He would write His laws in the hearts of the
people; they will become living Temples of the
Holy Spirit and He will give them a new spirit.
c. He would be merciful, love everyone and allow
all to enter Heaven.
4. What was Jesus anointed with that proved He was the
Son of God? _____
a. Water and John the Baptist's blessings.
b. Oil and water.
c. The Holy Spirit and the power of God.
5. What gift(s) of God does a person receive when he is
a. A new heart, a new spirit and the indwelling of
the Holy Spirit.
b. Only a new heart and a new spirit.
c. Only the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
6. What 'change' happens when a person is baptized? _____
a. He is sprinkled with water.
b. The old inclination of his heart and spirit die and
are buried with Christ.
c. He is baptized in the name of the Father, the Son
and the Holy Spirit.
7. Which three Sacraments of the Church are Sacraments
of initiation? _____
a. Baptism, Penance and the Anointing of the Sick.
b. Confirmation, the Eucharist and the Holy Orders.
c. Baptism, Confirmation and the Holy Eucharist.
8. Who's seed is in the newly baptized Christian? _____
a. God's seed.
b. The Church's seed.
c. The seed of his biological parents.
9. Which statement is true about the 'invisible body
of Christ?' _____
a. It is composed of all the believers, even those
who do not belong to the Church.
b. It is made visible through the Church.
c. It includes all the believers of all the world
10. Once baptized, who does the Christian belong to? _____
a. The Church.
b. Jesus Christ.
c. The Holy Spirit.
11. Why does the believer receive the name of Christian? _____
(Give the best answer)
a. Because he belongs to the visible Church.
b. Because he belongs to the invisible Body of Christ.
c. Both "a" and "b" are correct.
12. Can salvation be obtained outside the Catholic Church? _____
c. It depends.
13. How many times can a person be baptized in his
a. Only once.
b. Two times.
c. As many times as they want to be baptized.
14. Are members of the common priesthood obligated to
participate in the religious services of the Church? _____
c. It depends on their available time.
15. Why does the Christian always have to struggle against
a. Because he has a new mind and spirit.
b. Because he is being tested.
c. Because he still possesses the weakness of the
16. What does it mean that your spirit can bear witness
with the Holy Spirit? _____
a. This is just a used expression with no special
b. The new heart and spirit has a spiritual inclination
that enables it to witness towards what is holy.
c. The Christian has a tendency of being spiritual.
17. Which statement is true? _____
a. Through the new heart and spirit, one must always
strive to gain control of the physical body.
b. The physical body can be controlled without
disciplining one's worldly appetites.
c. We do not need Jesus or the Holy Spirit to gain
control over our physical body.
18. Which statement is true? _____
a. Those who are baptized are saved and need nothing
b. The Christian receives his salvation through faith
in the Holy Spirit.
c. The seal of God and the indwelling Holy Spirit
received at Baptism are the first instalment.
19. Why does Heaven recognize the Baptism of infants? _____
a. Because it is a good thing.
b. Because Jesus commanded the Baptism of infants.
c. Because the Church has the keys to the Kingdom
20. Who bears the main responsibility for safeguarding
the grace which the infant received at Baptism? _____
a. The Church.
b. Parents and godparents.
c. The school teachers.
21. Who can baptize someone in a case of emergency? _____
a. Anyone as long as he has the intention of doing so
and says the proper words.
b. Other religious persons.
c. Only a priest can baptized.
22. Which word belongs in the following passage? "God is
_____ of His creations in which His Spirit lives." _____
23. What happens through the Sacrament of forgiveness? _____
a. A new heart and a new mind is born.
b. The Christian is given another chance.
c. The Christian regains the state of grace that he
had lost in the eyes of God.
24. Who's Baptism included water, the Holy Spirit and fire? _____
a. Jesus Christ.
b. John the Baptist.
c. The Church.
25. What happens during the Baptism of water? _____
a. The Holy Spirit descends within the person.
b. The old heart and spirit are replaced with a new
creation. [Gal. 6:15]
c. The new Christian is purified by the Holy Spirit.
Tell us! (Optional)
What did you like about this course?
Have you learned something you did not know before?
How did you learn about Catholic Doors Ministry?
To submit your question, please send it to our: EMAIL ADDRESS (On the subject line: Indicate "FAQ" for "Frequently Asked Questions.")